Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Chuck E..... Jeez!



Alright, had Deuce's b-day party. It was fun, the kids there loved it, but man, if Chuck E. Cheese isn't the most overwhelming place I've been in YEARS! It was loud, it was crowded, Deuce screamed (can't say the young man is too fond of 8-ft. tall stuffed animals that sing and dance), and at one point I just wanted to leave the place for 2 minutes just to catch my breath and try to "gather" myself!



Goodness!


I think it was a bit overwhelming for just about all the adults (um, Sara, did you really have to tell me how much you hated CEC? LOL), but from what I saw and after consulting with my niece, the kids had a really good time, so that is all I care about. And Deuce did OK - just needed some hand-holding with the big crowd (I think there is only one picture of him where he wasn't smiling). And then, when it was all over, all I had to do was pack up the gifts and be out. No cleaning, no trying to entertain folks who stayed later when I was exhausted (we all sat around talking there at CEC!), no dirty pots and pans - just a 15-minute ride to the house.


And a son who had a nice birthday.
(Thanks to all of you who attended!)




No comments: