Alexis has been watching the Olympics every night since the opening ceremonies, and has been cheering for Michael Phelps like crazy!LOL!!!
OK, maybe I've been the one watching the Olympics, but we're shocked at how we've all gotten so "sucked" into following the swimming events! Then last night I saw an interview with Michael Phelps and his mom, and they were talking about how he was picked on and bullied so much growing up, and his teachers told his mom not to expect much out of him.
Hope he takes his medals to his high school reunion.
I think I just bullied one person in school, and I still feel the guilt for it 20 years later. For me, there was a girl named Susan that teachers always compared me to - actually made it a competition of who read the most books, who got the higher grade, etc. I never liked it, but when my mother asked me after a parents' open house why I didn't get my work done in class like Susan, I was devastated. REALLY hurt, and I made life for that girl very difficult in 5th grade. I didn't realize how bad it was until she cut her hair (it was down to her waist, and we even picked on her for that). I felt SO horrible - I left her alone after that.
Then when we got to high school, she was always so nice to me. Shows maturity. Unfortunately she didn't come to our 10-year reunion, so I didn't get to talk to her.
Gotta make sure it doesn't happen to my children, and that they don't do it to anyone else.
No comments:
Post a Comment