Grrrr... I just typed the best post ever, and somehow this thing lost it!
I guess it was too long....
But to make a long post short, I was talking about how this week I learned the story of Eliot, a little boy who lived for 99 days, and his parents took pictures of him everyday because it was a miracle that he was born, let alone lived 3 months, given his health issues. You can see his video here.
I also mentioned the quote from a mother on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition." Her son had leukemia and hadn't been able to live in the family home for six years because of his illness. She said: "Appreciate those precious moments that other people take for granted."
So Asa thought I could use a break and watched the kiddies today so I could get some time to myself. I just spent some quiet time at the park and did some other stuff, but I did a lot of thinking too. One of the things I thought about was how I think I'm going to try to highlight moments of the week. I guess I already do that, but I guess I'll just try to highlight things that really stand out.
Two moments this week:
Alexis - Sara loaned me her Bumbo seat from when her daughter was little. I'm not comfortable with Alexis spending much time in it, but after her bath on Tuesday I sat her in it, then sat behind her to comb her hair. I remembered sitting on the floor as a little girl doing my dolls' hair, and there was just something so beautifully special about sitting on the floor doing my daughter's hair the same way.
Deuce - he's never actually told me that he loves me, but he hugs me all the time. On Thursday, he was sitting on the couch next to me, drinking a cup of water, while I was feeding Alexis. All of a sudden he put down his cup, turned to me and kissed me on the cheek, then turned right back around and picked up his cup.
That's good enough for me.
So... what about you - you blog-reading folks? Just think about what was the precious moment of your week (doesn't have to involve a child). I guarantee it will put a smile on your face too.
Muted Monday: The Vendue Inn - RESERVED
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment