Deuce started preschool last week!
We had applied for him to go to school next year, but the paperwork was completed early enough for him to go for the last month of this school year. We were a little hesitant at first: I was concerend about a teacher cursing my name for adding some child to her room when she's trying to wrap up the school year, and as a product of homeschooling, Asa (undestandably so), wasn't too hype on the idea of him going anyway. We decided to go ahead and give it a try because we know Deuce would thrive in a more structured environment and really needed to be around more children.
We took him to visit the classroom the week before he started. We met with the teacher, while Deuce and Alexis walked around the classroom (the rest of the class was outside). I was pleasantly surprised to see that she already had his name in his cubbie, on the board, and on the birthday wall! She had been teaching the children to say Deuce's name that week, telling them that they had a new friend coming in a few days. Deuce went outside to play, and when he came back in with the children one little boy shouted, "I can't believe Deuce is finally here!"
Made us feel better about the situation.
He did good the first week - cried a little when I took him the third day, but other than that he's been fine.
It was hard on me at first - feel bad as a mom that he needs a little extra help, plus I'm used to always being around him. Drop-off time is still a little difficult for me, but nothing beats the smile and hug I get when I pick him up from school!
No comments:
Post a Comment