Saturday, July 10, 2010

Stargazing



My Stargazer lilies bloomed!
They are, by far, my favorite flower (had them in my bridal bouqet), so when I saw the bulbs last year at Sam's Club I snatched a box and planted them right away.
Unfortunately, someone (I won't say my husband's name) got a little happy with the weed-eater and thought the tall, leafy plants coming up on the side of the house were some weeds that I hadn't trimmed. I had asked him to avoid the lily bed, but he didn't realize the bed extended that far, or that I could have possibly planted that many lilies (the box had 20 bulbs! It was from Sam's!).
Needless to say, I was distraught.
But this year, nine of the lilies popped up, and I was the one who trimmed the weeds over there, at least until we started having temperatures in the 90s. So yeah, you can see the grass surrounding the flowers, but that's not what you're supposed to focus on.
The blooms were so beautiful... at least until the temps were in the 100s last week!

No comments: