Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Before and After



My latest project!
Alexis' crib, which was Deuce's first, has been recalled, so I'm in the process of re-doing her room to match a new bed. Her room is pretty darn small, so there really isn't room for a big bed or matching furniture considering that they play on the floors of their room a lot. So, I decided I'd get white furniture because it would be easy to add small "pieces" without having to worry about stuff matching perfectly. White is white.
So a few weeks ago I was going through some stuff in my mom's basement when I ran across a cute little table/stand thingie that my dad had built to go in the room that me and my sister shared. My mom had painted it to match the furniture (gotta say she did a great job because it was an odd beige-y finish). I have no idea how long it has been in the basement, but it wasn't being used, wasn't going to be used, so I asked my mom if I could have it.
I smuggled it into the house last week (I didn't want Asa to know what I was up to!), then when he left the house on Sunday morning I ran into the garage, pulled out my jigsaw to round off the corners, busted out the power sander to smooth everything out, and got to painting.
I think I did a pretty decent job for my first stab at repurposing a piece of furniture. I also painted a wooden shelf I bought 10 or so years ago, and another shelf for holding small stuffed animals. I should have her room done pretty soon, though I need to figure out what to do with the changing table.
Now I'm figuring out what Deuce needs in his room...

2 comments:

Experiential Vegan said...

You know what's sad. I NEVER got to see the room before. Now, it's REDECORATED!!! I'll live.

Just wanted to pop in and say that I visited! Thanks for the soup recipe.

lovelylittlelady said...

I'm so impressed by all those words you used that I don't have a clue as to the meaning of (i.e. jigsaw, power sander, etc.). I do know what painting is though. I admire your handiness, at least, I think handiness is the word. What I mean is your ability to fix and build things.