Isn't that just the craziest thing? I watched him all day thinking about the day he was born... amazed at how much he's grown in such a short amount of time.
Since Deuce doesn't really like the big productions, and it just gets too crowded to have all the family over and entertain the wide age ranges, we decided to do things relatively low-key. I went to one of the local grocery stores yesterday to order a cake, and the cake decorator suggested cupcakes.
So, I took 2 dozen basketball cupcakes to Deuce's school so the kids could have dessert after lunch! The cupcakes came out GREAT, and from what I could tell, ALL the kids enjoyed it!
Asa took off work and met us over there, and Deuce's face truly lit up when Asa got there (yeah, didn't get all that hyped up when I got there...).
My sister and her kids came by later in the evening, and my crew had a ball. When they left Deuce watched them get in the car and said "don't go!"
So I think he had a good day - as I walked out of his room after tucking him in bed he was singing "Happy Birthday."
No comments:
Post a Comment