
Today was the last day for my big boy to get therapy services from the state. As of midnight, he will have officially aged-out of the program.
His developmental therapy ended last week. His therapist was GREAT (shout out to you Monica if you're reading this!) and we'll definitely miss her. He made a lot of progress.
He's still not anywhere near where I thought or hoped he'd be on the speech front. His speech therapist fell ill and stopped coming a few weeks ago, so the group that she worked for sent another person to make up the time she missed and fill-in for the last few sessions. I kind of feel that the new lady got a little more out of him, though she only came 5 times in the last week and a half. She was really good with him, in spite of being a Carolina fan (LOL - yeah, congrats on the championship).
So now we have to decide what to do next in terms of therapy. The county has preschool services programs, but I worry about him being "labeled" and tracked throughout his school years. Neither of us are comfortable with him going to preschool at this point, so we don't know. For now I'm going to keep him in that "preschooly" program I mentioned before. Tomorrow, since it's too cold to do anything outdoors for his birthday, we'll start the day by going to a community center for their "Tot Play Time." Hopefully it will be something he enjoys, and we'll do something more when the weather warms up again.
No comments:
Post a Comment