Deuce was out of school for Veterans' Day last week (thanks veterans!), so I made him an appointment for early morning - trying to keep pretty much the same schedule I do when he goes to school. Of course, I was running late, Alexis started crying for me to pick her up, Deuce was more interested in "Jack's Big Music Show" than getting out of the house, so in all of my rush I picked up my phone off of the table but failed to pick up the keys that were DIRECTLY under it. I realized my mistake as soon as I shut the door.
I guess the good part is that I didn't have a key to lock the deadbolt, so I only had to work on the "regular" lock. I buckled the crew in the car and went to work. Busted up my expired driver's license (don't worry, I have a valid one), then an expired debit card (yeah, need to clean out the wallet). Asa was in a training session so he couldn't leave unless I REALLY needed him to, but I was determined to get back in my house! I was able to call and push Deuce's appointment back, then realized I could get on the internet on my phone!
So I went to this website, which not only told me what to do, but had PICTURES! Great for a visual person like myself!
So I busted up one more store discount card before I decided to use my duplicate Costco card - trying to only use cards that I didn't "need" and could easily replace. After more than an hour of card-shimmying, attempts at bruising my hip, crying, praying, and trying to kick in the door (I've watched WAY to many cop shows on TV), my Costco card got the door open.
Needless to say, I went to Costco that day. We had pizza. It was good. Then we came home and I opened the door with my KEY instead!
1 comment:
Oh my! I admire your resilience and determination. I would've been sitting in the car crying for the first half hour then trying to back into the house, the second half.
Post a Comment