Monday, February 21, 2011

A.W.O.B.

Absent WithOut Blogging.

I have always taken pride in my blog - I update it with pics of the A-Team (sorry, that's what I call them, and yeah, I "sing" the theme song), post something pretty regularly if not once a week - but this year I have been slack.

And I may continue be slack for at least a little while. As I type this, I'm eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich (I know, sounds horrid, but Elvis was definitely on to something... or on something...), taking a break from my schoolwork.

And boy, do I have schoolwork.

As I've mentioned over the years, I'm in grad school and after unofficially taking about 2 years off to be with the crew, I am finally on the tail-end of my Ph.D. program. Over the past three months I solidified my committee, met with department faculty, had my courses approved, and have been getting stuff in order for my comprehensive exams. So now, I must read--read a ridiculous slew of research articles and textbooks and evaluation reports and suggested frameworks and APA style manuals....

Which means I have to use free time for reading and not blogging.

So I'll try to update once every two weeks and see how it goes!

And then, in "x" number of months (I'm not saying how much longer it is because it is SO annoying to be asked repeatedly "are you done yet?"), I'll be posting graduation pictures.

It's kinda like what my aunt said in a note she sent me recently: "Have Faith in God and know that you're close to the finish line. Can't you see it?"

Yes, dear auntie, I definitely can!

No comments: