The Pre-K classes had their graduation ceremony last week, so my big boy is officially a kindergartner! It was a very nice ceremony - all of the children walked down the aisle (marked with arrows made of tape so they would remember to walk to the front and not to their parents in the crowd!) and received a pretend diploma from their respective teacher. They then performed a few songs, and everyone had pizza and cake afterwards.
I was fine emotionally until I saw that cap and gown picture - they didn't have enough for each child to wear for the ceremony, so they took pictures individually and had them framed.
I have to say that Deuce had three of the most phenomenal teachers - I'm going to miss them, but plan to help out next year as long as what they are doing doesn't conflict with Deuce or Alexis' schedule (or my own, of course!). I was sad to see that other parents really weren't involved AT ALL, not even for field trips, so if I can still help, I will.
Deuce will be at another school for Kindergarten next year, but I have heard good things and know that he'll do well.
No comments:
Post a Comment