Monday, July 7, 2008

More Cookies!

I just got through making another few dozen oatmeal raisin cookies.


I won't say how many dozens have already been devoured.

:)

Even Deuce kept running up to me with his famous "pppllleeeaaaaaa............SD" (please is now a two-syllable word that ends in a "d") to get more. And I'm such a bad mommy I couldn't tell him no even though it was almost time for bed!

Well, I'm counting down the days... I don't have quite everything ready, but I kinda don't want to get everything together until Baby Girl is actually "here." Like, I put the bassinet in our room, but I won't turn it in the correct direction or put the sheet on. The new stroller arrived today, but I won't put it in the car yet (plus, as I'm sure you can imagine, it looks great in the middle of the living room).

I've had an easy pregnancy, actually two of them, so I try not to complain, but I am so worn out. My ankles are swollen, the "pelvic expansion" is QUITE painful, I'm tired, moody, my back is killing me, I can't sit down as much as I'd like because I know it takes too much energy to stand up..... I'm just kinda done with this. But like I said, I try not to complain. Back when I went to get the glucose test there was a lady wheeled into the doctors' office just moaning and groaning - and she didn't look much more pregnant than me at the time (maybe 28-ish weeks?). The ENTIRE waiting room got quiet, and the receptionist said the lady had a rough pregnancy, but I figured since the office is a 2-minute walk from the hospital, it wasn't a dire emergency. Thankfully, I haven't had any moments like that.

OK, enough negativity. I think I'll get a cookie to put a smile back on my face.

12 more days to go...

No comments: