Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Growing Up

I'm all behind in my posting!

Deuce had a check-up today - I'm a little behind, but without going into it I've had trouble finding a doctor/office who would provide the kind of care that I was looking for and wanted for my child(ren), but I think I've found a good place! At minimum, it is a place that I'm "comfortable" with.

Anyway, my big boy is 37 inches tall! That's above the 95th percentile! The nurse was shocked - she had pulled out all of the "baby measuring" stuff, not realizing there was this tall child in the waiting room who could stand up to be measured (their standing chart started at 34 inches)!

But Deuce has been doing well. I did worry about him because he never is really around children that aren't related to him, so I joined an online local mommies group. Who should find me on there but one of my best friends from 5th grade, Tanisha! She hosted a play date about a week and a half ago, and her son is just about a month or so younger than Deuce. As you can see, they had fun being a tiger and a lion after everyone had left (and it was good to catch up with her too! I literally hadn't had a "real" conversation with her in almost 20 years!)


PS - 17 days to go! As of yesterday, Baby Girl hasn't "dropped," but I've dilated about a half centimeter.

1 comment:

Nakira said...

WOW, does Tanisha just know everyone! I met her through my husband who she went to college with...I was like WOW! Where was my playdate invite...I'm gonna get both of ya!

Keep us posted on that baby and any signs of dropping :)