Sunday, September 28, 2008

Play Time!


My big boy looks so grown!
We met Tanisha, her mother, and her son today for some playtime - ended up going to two different areas, but that's a long story.
I'm trying to get Deuce out more and more - he REALLY needs some friends. I know that I'm to blame with his delays - I think I was trying to "keep him safe" from different things, but instead I've ended up sheltering him and stunting his development.
He did stay up under me most of the time until he saw a group of little girls sitting around a table (in case you don't know, he is a ladies man!). Wasn't too into all of the playground, though he did take to the slide. The SLP we met with earlier did say that I need to be his "2-year old buddy" for now since he isn't really around folks his age. I got a new appreciation for that today.
So we left the playground with me being a little upset, going through the whole "what's wrong with my son" discussion in my head. Then I thought about it, and it does all go back to socializing him more and having those 2-year old experiences. And if you're around him enough, you'd see it, too. I have to remind myself of those things sometimes - if I don't believe enough in my son, no one will, including him.
So we'll just take him out more and more. And I'll get to act like a silly 33-year old when trying to be a 2-year old.
But one really nice thing that happened - when we were leaving, he said something I had never heard him say before.
"Fun!"

No comments: