I'm so proud of my big boy!We had noticed that Deuce wasn't talking much compared to other kids his age, but since I've been home these past few weeks I've tried to work more with him and have seen so much improvement!
I know, it's just little words here and there, but when I know he hasn't talked much, and he says different words, I just feel like crying! For instance, I think it was last Friday, I asked him how he was doing and he said, "Fine." I immediately started jumping up and down and screaming, called Asa into the room, he started hi-fiving Deuce.... I know Deuce must think it must be a wonderful thing to be "fine"!
Sunday he finished the lines when I was singing the Diff'rent Strokes theme song (I think I mentioned earlier that I don't know many kids songs, just commercials (oh how I enjoy those Embarq commercials!).
He's been working hard these past few weeks. I do get cabin fever being a SAHM, though we do go out, but I am so glad that I have this time with them. Obviously Asa is working hard too (um, how else would we have a roof over our heads?). I don't tell him how much I appreciate him and what he does as much as I should, but he tells me he reads my blog so he SHOULD see it here!
(yep, I'm testing him!)
Anyway, though there has been progress, we're taking Deuce to get a speech evaluation next week. Wish him luck!
1 comment:
It's been nearly a week...how did it go with the speech therapist?
Hugs, JM
Post a Comment